What is ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 certification is also known as FSMS certification. Food Safety. ISO 22000 is an internationally recognized standard that focuses on food safety management and HACCP principles and their application to food safety from farm to fork. A Management system which is oriented towards food safety and hygiene is made and improved continuously as per ISO 22000 standard.
The processes and procedures that a business develops, implements and improves through ISO 22000 will help them to identify, monitor, reduce and prevent food safety hazards at all stages of the food processing.
ISO 22000 framework improves internal communications in the entire food supply chain. This helps a organization delivers safe and healthy food to thier end customers. ISO 22000 is a globally recognized standard based on Codex HACCP Principles and covers regulatory approvals and compliances as well.
What are the benefits of ISO 22000 Certification?
While ISO 22000 directly relates to improvement in perception in the minds of customer, It also brings the following benefits to be certified by a good certification Body with experienced auditors.
- Improve overall consistency in Food quality
- Determine risks in Food chain and monitor the risks
- Strengthen controls on identified risks
- Improve confidence of customers
- Improved communications with suppliers
- Better transparency and accountability with the organization
- Improved communication flow
- Increased Focus on legal compliance
- control food safety nonconformances and take corrective action for significant or repetitive nonconformances
- Better allergen management
- More confidence to management and stakeholders on business risks